This one's on TV, so no play-by-play this evening ... I will, however, provide any injury updates, lineup changes and pearls of wisdom that come to me during the game...
* Players who are out for today's contest: CB Tarell Brown, who hurt his hip during Thursday's practice; WRs Arnaz Battle (hamstring), Bryant Johnson (hamstring) and Ashley Lelie (calf); G David Baas (pectoral), RB Michael Robinson (knee) and S Lewis Baker (thigh).
* Mark Roman will wear the radio receiver for the defense in the first half; Keith Lewis will have it in the second.
* A number of Packers have been scratched from the game. They include: Ryan Grant, DeShawn Wynn, Charlie Peprah, A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishopp, Orrin Thompson, Ryan Pickett, Ruvull Martin, Tory Humphrey, Greg Jennings, Justin Harrell and KGB ...
* The starting lineup for the 49ers: Isaac Bruce and Josh "Iron Man" Morgan.
* Mike Martz is on the field; last week he was in the box
* Jeff Ulbrich has been on both kickoff return and punt-coverage units so far. He also is starting at "Ted" linebacker. Look for Takeo Spikes in the second half.
* Interesting: Roderick Green starts and lines up as a right defensive end in a 4-3. Smith is a defensive tackle.
* Ray McDonald gets flagged for offsides. Two plays later, however, he beats the guard to the inside to collapse the pocket and Manny Lawson gets the sacks. A lot of ink has been spilled on Justin Smith, but McDonald could really help the pass rush this year as well.
*** Another bad interecption for O'Sullivan. this time on 3rd and 5 from his own 13, JTO follows Vernon davis who is being closely covered by LB Brandon Chillar. He doesn't see Charles Woodson, who has an easy pick. Woodson probably comes close to scoring but he fumbles the ball out of bounds ... ****
- Takeo Spikes makes his first appearance ...
Meanwhile, here's the view from the press box:
-- Matt Barrows