Here are the 49ers expected selections in the upcoming draft with a couple of caveats. Compensatory picks usually are announced at the end of next month. The 49ers think they'll get three. Also, neither the Chiefs nor the 49ers have divulged any details of the pending trade, which can't be finalized until March 12. There could be some minutia included in the language that alters the 49ers' total picks.
One of the items that still hasn't been divulged is how the Chiefs and 49ers settled on the current compensation, which is higher than most were expecting. It seems as if other teams might have driven up the price. Which other teams? The Cardinals likely were one, and this report says that the Raiders also entered the discussion and ended up raising the price tag for their division rivals.
49ers 2013 picks
1. First round, 31st overall: own pick
2. Second round, 34th overall: from KC, Alex Smith trade
3. Second round, 61st overall: own pick
4. Third round, 74th overall: from CAR from trade in 2012 draft
5. Third round, 94th overall: own pick
6. Third/fourth round: likely compensatory selection for Joshua Morgan.
7. Fourth round: own pick
8. Fifth round: from IND from trade in 2012 draft
9. Fifth round: own pick
10. Sixth round: from MIA in trade during 2012 draft
11. Sixth round: own pick
12. Seventh round: from CIN for 2011 Taylor Mays trade
13. Seventh round: own pick
14. Seventh round: likely compensatory selection
15. Seventh round: likely compensatory selection
-- Matt Barrows