Each NFL team is allowed to host up to 30 draft-eligible players over the next few weeks. Back in the olden days, the 49ers would release this list of players prior to the draft. If you asked for that list today, you would be frisked, escorted out of the building and your name would be placed on Trent Baalke's "Suspicious Persons" list. (I'm exaggerating ... right?). So you have to pick up information where and when you can.
That said, here's an ongoing list of visits and workouts I will update between now and the start of the draft on April 25.
* Georgia DT/NT John Jenkins is scheduled to visit the 49ers the week of April 9. Source: NFL.com
* Alabama DT/DL Quinton Dial will visit the 49ers. Source: Scout.com.
* British discus thrower Lawrence Okoye visited the 49ers April 10. Okoye, who has excellent size and speed but who never has played American football, is being eyed as a defensive end. Source: Detroit Free Press
* The 49ers attended Florida State defensive end Tank Carradine's individual workout and had dinner with him the night before. Source: The Sacramento Bee.
Penn State outside linebacker Gerald Hodges will visit the 49ers the week of April 15. Source: Scout.com
* LSU's Tyrann Mathieu will visit the team on April 9. Source: The Sacramento Bee
* Houston's D.J. Hayden visited the 49ers on April 15. Source: XM Radio
* Florida International's Jonathan Cyprien will visit the 49ers, date unknown. Source: Pro Football Talk
* Florida S Josh Evans has a workout scheduled with the 49ers. Source: The Sacramento Bee
* Nevada's Duke Williams (he also plays CB) has a workout with the 49ers, date unknown. Source: Scout.com
* Central Michigan safety Jahleel Addae visited the 49ers. Source: Scout.com
* West Virginia's Tavon Austin is scheduled to visit the 49ers April 2. Source: The Sacramento Bee.
* Louisiana Tech wideout Quinton Patton had a pre-workout dinner with the 49ers. Source: The Sacramento Bee.
* Eastern Kentucky wide receiver Tyrone Goard will work out for the 49ers. Source: Scout.com
* Fordham wide receiver Greg Wilson is scheduled to work out for the 49ers. Source: NFLDraftBible.com
* San Jose State OL David Quessenberry will visit the week of April 15. Source: The Sacramento Bee.
* Azusa Pacific tackle Luke Marquardt is scheduled to visit the 49ers. Source: The Sacramento Bee.
* Louisiana Tech offensive tackle Jordan Mills had a workout for the 49ers. Source: Scout.com
* The 49ers were one of three teams who had a private workout with tight end Matt Furstenberg (6-3, 244). Source: NFL.com.
* Cincinnati tight end Travis Kelce will visit the 49ers the weekend of April 13-14. Source: The Sacramento Bee.
Have you seen reports of other 49ers-related visits or workouts? Please post below. Thanks - The management.
-- Matt Barrows