Attention: arm-chair GMs.
The upcoming draft promises to teem with quality wide receivers, which means there are plenty in the upcoming bowl games. I checked in with my buddy Rob Rang from CBS Sports, and he picked these five games as the ones that highlight some of the best pass catchers in the country. Think you're better than Baalke? Then grab that remote control, tell your wife you love her but that you have a higher calling and get to work.
Las Vegas Bowl, Fresno State vs. USC
Saturday, 12:30 p.m. (PST), ABC
* When the Bulldogs are on offense, you'll see redshirt sophomore Davante Adams (jersey #15), who leads the NCAA in receptions and has a boggling 23 touchdown catches. But don't switch the channel when they punt or score. USC's offense features Marqise Lee (#9). Rang has the 49ers taking Lee in the first round in his latest mock draft.
Hawaii Bowl, Oregon State vs. Boise State
Tuesday, 5 p.m., ESPN
* The game pits Oregon State's Brandin Cooks against the Broncos' solid defense. Cooks (#7) leads the nation in receiving yards and has just two fewer catches than Adams.
Alamo Bowl, Oregon vs. Texas
Dec. 30, 3:45 p.m., ESPN
* The game features Oregon's Josh Huff (#1), who averages 18.2 yards a catch, and Texas' Mike Davis (#1), who has good size and who has eight touchdowns for the Longhorns. As a bonus for 49ers' wannabe scouts, there also are plenty of good cornerbacks on both sides of the ball.
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Texas A&M vs. Duke
Dec. 31, 5 p.m., ESPN
* The Blue Devils' underrated defense will have to contend with the entertaining Johnny Football and his favorite target, Mike Evans (#13). Evans has excellent size - 6-5, 225 pounds - he averaged more than 20 yards a catch and has 12 TDs. You might think that, because I went to school in the ACC, I'm rooting for Duke. You'd be wrong.
Orange Bowl, Clemson vs. Ohio State
Jan. 3, 5:30 p.m., ESPN
* Rang writes that the showdown between Clemson's Sammy Watkins, CBS' top-rated wideout, and Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby might be the best matchup of the bowl season. Watkins (#2) has 85 catches on the season and 10 touchdowns.
Here's how CBS Sports ranks the wide receivers.
-- Matt Barrows