The entry, submitted by Capitol Alert reader Denny Brown, won with 19.6 percent of the vote. Brown, an electric generation system program specialist at the California Energy Commission, takes home the grand prize: a $25 gift card to Starbucks.
Here's how the other top entries fared when we put them up to readers for a final vote:
- ""Scavenging for the next state auction." -- 2.8%
- "Flexing while California burns." -- 10%
- "Found at last, my legacy!" -- 8.4%
- "Feel the burn!" --12.1%
- "I pump iron. Real men pump water!" -- 4.6%
- "Maybe I can autograph these and sell them at a 'fire' sale." -- 13%
- "Hey Adam, if Poizner says one more stupid thing about selling the State Workers Comp Fund, I'm gonna throw this at his head." -- 5.6%
- "...and people say they can't find the time to fit in a workout!" -- 14.5%
- "I'm going to need strong arms to veto all those bills." -- 9.3%
See a photo that's dying for laugh lines? Send it our way at firstname.lastname@example.org.