This item was originally posted on Wednesday. Entries are due today at 5 p.m.
Girly men ... pumping it up ... to terminate 'em?
You Capitol Alert readers certainly have a sense of humor.
We got in the neighborhood of 300 suggested captions for our photo of Sen. Abel Maldonado and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on their way to a press conference last week just before Schwarzenegger nominated Maldonado for lieutenant governor a second time. The Assembly, of course, didn't go along with it the first time around.
Themes included movie titles or our action-hero governor's famous lines on the silver screen. Several captions riffed off characters in "The Wizard of Oz." Other submissions named martial arts dudes or video games.
We've narrowed down these very funny submissions to five finalists:
1. OK, Arnold, here's the pitch. It's a combination of "Terminator," "Twins" and "Groundhog Day."
2. Remember, Abel, lead with the right.
3. Come on -- rocks, scissors and paper! Even Sarah Palin can do this.
4. You think I could milk a confirmation out of them?
5. So as I'm tearing up the lieutenant governor paperwork, I see in small print it says: "SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED."
Pick your favorite and send your vote to email@example.com. Please vote once and pick only one caption. The deadline for casting a vote for your choice is 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 26. Feel free to make the case for your favorite line in the comments forum below.
Check out the original entry announcing the contest here.
PHOTO CREDIT: Hector Amezcua/Sacramento Bee