For those who missed the initial entry, this round's shot is the entire Democratic ticket -- gubernatorial nominee Jerry Brown, lieutenant governor nominee Gavin Newsom, attorney general hopeful Kamala Harris, state Treasurer Bill Lockyer, state Controller John Chiang, insurance commissioner nominee Dave Jones and Secretary of State Debra Bowen -- in white coats touring a solar panel plant in Fremont. Watch the video here.
Here are the top entries:
1) "Doctor, doctor! I don't feel a pulse on the Democratic Party!"
2) "I shall call her 'Megenstein.' "
3) "And the autopsy reveals that Steve Poizner's campaign was never really alive to begin with."
4) "Was it really necessary to wear these outfits to get the California Nurses' endorsement?"
5) "And through arthroscopic advances, we enter here and here to surgically remove the taxpayer's wallet."
6) "Hi, I'm Jerry Brown. Please bend over and prepare for me to be governor again."
7) "Obama Care has gotten us all jobs."
8. "So, Doctor, what you are really saying is that California is terminal?"
Pick your favorite caption and cast your vote by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
The mind behind the winning entry takes home the grand prize: a $25 gift certificate to a capital coffee shop. (Entrants who caffeinate outside the Sactosphere can opt for a Starbucks gift card.)
The deadline for voting is 11:59 p.m. Monday. Please include the number corresponding to the caption in your vote.
Click here for the original entry.
This post was originally published on June 17.