The results are in for our reader survey of potential state Supreme Court nominees.
Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund President Thomas Saenz, with 18 percent of the vote, was the top pick of readers who participated in the poll.
Gov. Jerry Brown has the opportunity to fill the seat, which opens up when Justice Carlos Moreno steps down at the end of this month. More than 400 votes were submitted on entries to our reader-generated short-list.
Here are the top 10 submissions, ranked by vote results:
1. Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund President Thomas Saenz
3. Gloria Allred
4. Former State Sen. Sheila Kuehl
5. Sacramento Superior Court Judge Emily Vasquez
6. California Court of Appeal Justice Maria P. Rivera
7. California Court of Appeal Justice J. Anthony Kline
8. Yolo County Superior Court Presiding Judge Dave Rosenberg
9. State Bar Executive Director and former State Sen. Joe Dunn
10. California Court of Appeal Justice Manuel A. Ramirez