The members of a regional arena commission have been named. The group, dubbed Here We Build, will spend the next three months analyzing options for how to finance a new sports arena in Sacramento.
Members of the group will hold their first public meeting on Thursday. Details for the session are still being worked out, but its focus will be on combining public and private resources for an arena project.
The 15 members of the group's executive committee are:
- Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (co-chair)
- Sen. Ted Gaines (co-chair)
- Assemblyman Roger Dickinson
- West Sacramento Mayor Christopher Cabaldon
- Sacramento Supervisor Phil Serna
- Sacramento City Councilman Rob Fong
- Chris Lehane, political consultant. Lehane chaired two previous arena task forces formed by Mayor Kevin Johnson.
- Willie Pelote, assistant director, political action department for AFSCME
- Adam Loveall, director of administration and legal affairs, United Food and Commercial Workers
- Bob Balgenorth, president, State Building & Construction Council
- Darius Anderson, political adviser. Anderson is also teamed with billionaire Ron Burkle, who has shown interest in purchasing the Kings.
- Dorene Dominguez, chair, Vanir Group of Companies
- Lina Fat, vice president, Fat City, Inc.
- Liane Randolph, attorney
- Tom Friery, former Sacramento city treasurer