Sacto 9-1-1
August 2, 2011
Amber Alert cancelled after teen found safe

By the Contra Costa Times

ANTIOCH - A 16-year-old boy is safe after he was kidnapped Monday afternoon by a shotgun-wielding robber who held up the barbershop where he worked, police said.

Antioch police sent out a news release just after midnight Tuesday saying Hasaan Ameer Ford had been freed by his captor - who remains at large - and made contact with family and friends. As of the release, investigators had not yet spoken with

Hasaan since he resurfaced roughly eight hours after a statewide Amber Alert was issued for him.

"We are confident he has been released and is no longer under duress," the police statement said. "Based on this latest information, the Amber Alert has been cancelled."

Police have also recovered the black 1996 GMC Yukon belonging to the owner of Al's Barber Shop on West 18th and A streets, a vehicle the robber stole and forced Hasaan to drive.

The truck was found in Antioch and is being examined for evidence, police said.

Further details about Hasaan's reappearance were not immediately released.

Hasaan was whisked away by a suspect who used a sawed-off shotgun to order the owner of the shop to the floor and take his wallet and keys,

police said. When Hasaan, a part-time employee, walked in on the robbery, the suspect turned the gun on him and ordered the teen into the Yukon.

The suspect jumped into the back seat and presumably commanded Hasaan to speed away, Lt. Pat Welch said.

Police have interviewed Hasaan's mother and said there is no reason to believe that the teen knew the suspect. Hasaan, who attends school in East Contra Costa County, was not carrying a cell phone when he was kidnapped.

The suspect is considered armed and dangerous, and is described as a 25-year-old black man standing 5-foot-7, 180 pounds and wearing oversized black jeans, a jean jacket and a blue knit cap with a white stripe.

Anyone with information can call 911 or Antioch police department dispatch at 925-778-2441.

On October 14, The Sacramento Bee will temporarily remove commenting from sacbee.com. While we design the upgrade, we encourage you to tell us what you like and don't like about commenting on sacbee.com and other websites. We've heard from hundreds of you already and we're listening. Please continue to add your thoughts and questions here. We also encourage you to write Letters to the Editor on this and other topics.



About Sacto 9-1-1

Sacto 9-1-1 is a blog on crime and emergency services news in the Sacramento region.

Send feedback on Sacto 9-1-1 to Assistant Metro Editor Anthony Sorci at asorci@sacbee.com

Subscribe to Breaking News Alerts

FOLLOW US | Get more from sacbee.com | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook | Get news in your inbox | View our mobile versions | e-edition: Print edition online | What our bloggers are saying

Sacto 9-1-1 Q&A

Bee reporters answer questions about area crime news, trends and other issues. QUESTION: A couple of years ago, a Sacramento tax attorney named Roni Deutch was the target of an investigation by the California Department of Justice. She was accused of bilking clients out of millions and defying a court (Read More)

More Questions and Answers
See all the crime Q&As
Submit your question

December 2013

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        

Monthly Archives


Kim Minugh on Twitter

Follow "Kim_Minugh" on Twitter

Local Agencies on Twitter

Categories