Sacto 9-1-1
February 5, 2012
Garage fire started by trash near dryer, fire officials say

A fire in the garage of a home on William Way in Sacramento Sunday evening caused $13,000 in damage.

Twenty-four firefighters responded to the fire, which started in trash near a dryer in the garage, according to Sacramento Metropolitan Fire officials. The fire had been smoldering for hours, and the dryer wasn't on while the homeowners were gone, said Battalion Chief Steve Turner.

"It's important to keep combustibles and trash away from dryers," Turner said.
Nobody was home at the time of the fire. A neighbor called for firefighters after smelling smoke.

The fire caused $8,000 in damage to the structure and a $5,000 loss of personal property.

On October 14, The Sacramento Bee will temporarily remove commenting from While we design the upgrade, we encourage you to tell us what you like and don't like about commenting on and other websites. We've heard from hundreds of you already and we're listening. Please continue to add your thoughts and questions here. We also encourage you to write Letters to the Editor on this and other topics.

About Sacto 9-1-1

Sacto 9-1-1 is a blog on crime and emergency services news in the Sacramento region.

Send feedback on Sacto 9-1-1 to Assistant Metro Editor Anthony Sorci at

Subscribe to Breaking News Alerts

Arrest Logs

Sacto 9-1-1 Q&A

Bee reporters answer questions about area crime news, trends and other issues. QUESTION: A couple of years ago, a Sacramento tax attorney named Roni Deutch was the target of an investigation by the California Department of Justice. She was accused of bilking clients out of millions and defying a court (Read More)

More Questions and Answers
See all the crime Q&As
Submit your question

March 2016

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    

Monthly Archives

Kim Minugh on Twitter

Follow "Kim_Minugh" on Twitter

Local Agencies on Twitter