Pacific Gas and Electric crews have stopped a natural gas leak reported this afternoon at San Juan High School.
Firefighters were dispatched about 3:30 p.m. after a leak was reported on the Citrus Heights campus.
Assistant Chief Scott Cockrum of the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Protection District said school was out for the day so no evacuations were required, but authorities prevented anyone from entering the grounds.
Cockrum said Pacific Gas and Electric crews were working at the school when a tool broke, causing a leak in a 1.25-inch natural gas line.
He said a day care center on the campus was evacuated before firefighters arrived.