A Woodland youngster suffered burns Wednesday when her clothing caught fire while playing with fireworks.
Woodland police and firefighters responded to the 800 block of Harvard Bend and found a 6-year-old girl whose clothing had been ignited by a sparkler-type firework, according to a Police Department news release. The child suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken by ambulance to UC Davis Medical Center.
Following an investigation, police said the incident is considered an accident. The child's parents were supervising the youngster and the fireworks in use are legal in California.