Sacramento Metro Fire officials are blaming electrical wiring for a fire that engulfed a Rancho Cordova duplex, displacing a family with four young children.
The incident at 3325 Routier Road in Rancho Cordova began at 7 a.m. Firefighters found heavy smoke and fire coming out of the attic of the duplex, according to a press release from the department. No injuries were reported. The fire was estimated to have caused $120,000 in damage to the structure and $25,000 in personal property damage.
The fire - deemed electrical in nature - started at the back of the vacant duplex, traveled up the wall and engulfed the shared attic space, according to the release.