Sacto 9-1-1
September 4, 2012
Hot mower catches Sloughhouse garage on fire

A hot riding lawn mower parked in a garage caused an estimated $160,000 in fire damage at a property near Sloughhouse.

Sac Metro and Folsom firefighters responded to the the fire about 3:45 p.m. Monday in the 7500 block of Sloughhouse Road. The homeowner's garage was ablaze when fire crews arrived.

Two occupants of the home exited the residence when they detected smoke coming from the door leading to the garage. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the garage and the home's attic.

The cause of the fire, according to Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District, was a mower that was used and put away hot in the garage too close to combustibles.

On October 14, The Sacramento Bee will temporarily remove commenting from While we design the upgrade, we encourage you to tell us what you like and don't like about commenting on and other websites. We've heard from hundreds of you already and we're listening. Please continue to add your thoughts and questions here. We also encourage you to write Letters to the Editor on this and other topics.

About Sacto 9-1-1

Sacto 9-1-1 is a blog on crime and emergency services news in the Sacramento region.

Send feedback on Sacto 9-1-1 to Assistant Metro Editor Anthony Sorci at

Subscribe to Breaking News Alerts

Arrest Logs

Sacto 9-1-1 Q&A

Bee reporters answer questions about area crime news, trends and other issues. QUESTION: A couple of years ago, a Sacramento tax attorney named Roni Deutch was the target of an investigation by the California Department of Justice. She was accused of bilking clients out of millions and defying a court (Read More)

More Questions and Answers
See all the crime Q&As
Submit your question

March 2016

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    

Monthly Archives

Kim Minugh on Twitter

Follow "Kim_Minugh" on Twitter

Local Agencies on Twitter