Officials have reported that a fourth person has died from a mushroom poisoning incident at a Loomis senior care facility.
Placer County Sheriff's officials were notified by a mortuary Tuesday morning about the latest fatality. Sheriff's officials have identified the victim as Dorothy Mary Hart, 92.
Three others, Frank Warren Blodgett, 90, Teresa Olesniewicz, 73, and Barbara Lopes, 86, died earlier this month after consuming soup made from wild mushrooms collected by a caregiver at Gold Age Villa.
Several others, including the caregiver, were hospitalized after eating the soup. The incident is being investigated by the California Department of Social Services.