Roseville police report that residents are leaving cell phones, laptops and other devices in their vehicles, making them easy pickings for car burglars. Sometimes, the vehicles are left unlocked.
Here's recent thefts from the Roseville police public safety newsletter:
• Someone broke the windows of two pickups in the parking lot in the 700 block of Sunrise Avenue on Nov. 13. A laptop was taken.
• Someone smashed the window of a car in a driveway in the 1100 block of Windemere Avenue on Nov. 14. A backpack with an iPad inside was stolen.
• A thief went into an unlocked car in a parking lot in the 200 block of Harding Boulevard on Nov. 11. A purse with a wallet and cell phone was stolen.
• A minivan may have been left unlocked on Nov. 9 in the 1400 block of Valley Glen Drive, allowing a thief to steal a phone charger and computer equipment.
• A window was broken on a car in the driveway on the 6600 block of Silver Mill Way on Nov. 13. Taken was a laptop computer, a camera, sunglasses and binoculars.