Sacto 9-1-1
December 22, 2012
Arrest made in home invasion in Pocket area

By Denny Walsh
dwalsh@sacbee.com

The Sacramento Police Department has announced the arrest of one suspect in the home invasion robbery that left one person dead three other people wounded early today in the Pocket neighborhood of Sacramento.

suspect.jpg

Thomas Ordonaz, 21, (pictured) was arrested about 18 hours after the gunfire erupted. He was booked for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon and being an accessory, authorities said.

By 10 p.m., no other people in the shooting had been identified, pending the results of a preliminary investigation, according to department police spokesman Officer Doug Morse.

Morse said that at 3:29 a.m. officers responded to reports of shots fired on Haven Court off Greenhaven Drive in the Pocket area.

Upon arrival, Morse said, officers quickly discovered that an exchange of gunfire had occurred between the homeowner and the would-be robbers.

The fatally wounded intruder was pronounced dead at the scene by Sacramento Fire Department personnel, Morse said.

The homeowner and two other people were shot during the exchange of gunfire and suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The three were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Sacramento Police Department homicide detectives and crime scene analysts are investigating the circumstances that led to the shootout, Morse said.

"There were some juveniles in the home who didn't live there, but they were not involved in the shooting and were not injured," he said. It appears there was a sleepover, he added.

The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information about the crime to call the dispatch center at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357).

To text a tip to 274637 (CRIMES), enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

On October 14, The Sacramento Bee will temporarily remove commenting from sacbee.com. While we design the upgrade, we encourage you to tell us what you like and don't like about commenting on sacbee.com and other websites. We've heard from hundreds of you already and we're listening. Please continue to add your thoughts and questions here. We also encourage you to write Letters to the Editor on this and other topics.



About Sacto 9-1-1

Sacto 9-1-1 is a blog on crime and emergency services news in the Sacramento region.

Send feedback on Sacto 9-1-1 to Assistant Metro Editor Anthony Sorci at asorci@sacbee.com

Subscribe to Breaking News Alerts

FOLLOW US | Get more from sacbee.com | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook | Watch Bee news, lifestyle videos | View our mobile versions | e-edition: Print edition online | What our bloggers are saying

Sacto 9-1-1 Q&A

Bee reporters answer questions about area crime news, trends and other issues. QUESTION: A couple of years ago, a Sacramento tax attorney named Roni Deutch was the target of an investigation by the California Department of Justice. She was accused of bilking clients out of millions and defying a court (Read More)

More Questions and Answers
See all the crime Q&As
Submit your question

April 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30      

Monthly Archives


Kim Minugh on Twitter

Follow "Kim_Minugh" on Twitter

Local Agencies on Twitter

Categories