A bail hearing that had been scheduled for Thursday concerning two figures in the fatal New Year's Eve bar shooting in Old Sacramento has been canceled.
Jason Lawley, the attorney for one of the two defendants, Amber Scholz, said a motion to reduce the $1 million bail that has been posted on his client would be "premature."
"We're still attempting to gather information," Lawley said.
Scholz, 36, has been charged with aiding and abetting an assault with a deadly weapon on Gabriel Cordova, 35, one of two men who were slain in the Dec. 31 shooting in the Sports Corner Cafe on 2nd and K streets.
Her husband, Charles Wesley Fowler-Scholz, 34, also has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon. He is accused of hitting Cordova in the head with a beer bottle moments before, authorities say, the accused gunman in the case, Carlito Montoya, 22, shot and killed both Cordova and bar security employee Daniel Ferrier, 36, a U.S. Army veteran of the war in Iraq.
Fowler-Scholz' bail also has been set at $1 million. His attorney, Daniel A. Nicholson, could not be reached for comment.
Montoya is being held without bail and has been charged with a special-circumstance multiple murder that could bring him the death penalty if he is convicted.
The next hearing on the case is scheduled for Jan. 29 in Sacramento Superior Court.