A heating lamp used to keep puppies warm is suspected as the cause of home fire in Citrus Heights early this morning.
Just before 7:15 a.m., the fire department received the call for the fire in the 6800 block of Falworth Street in Citrus Heights.
The Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District contained the fire to the bedroom where it started, according to a news release. The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage.
A smoke detector is credited with alerting the occupants of the fire and enabling them and their seven puppies to evacuate.