Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District crews last night worked to put out a garage fire in Rio Linda, preventing spread of the blaze to the living quarters of a home.
Firefighters were called about 7:30 p.m. to the residence in the 6900 block of Shady Woods Way where a garage was burning. Crews attacked the blaze from the garage side door, extinguishing the fire.
Some firefighters also made a search of the home to make sure the residence was empty.
The garage sustained significant damage, according to a fire department press release. A malfunctioning clothes dryer in the garage was suspected to have caused the fire.