Sacramento police have arrested two juveniles in connection with the fatal drive-by shooting of a man Jan. 17 in Oak Park.
Anthony Navarro, 19, of Sacramento was shot about 12:44 p.m. in the 3100 block of 39th Street, just south of Broadway. He was transported to UC Davis Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Police said he had been shot several times.
Sacramento police spokeswoman Officer Michele Gigante said homicide investigators tracked one suspect, a 16-year-old boy, to Palm Springs and he was taken into custody by Palm Springs police on Jan. 29. He has been returned to Sacramento and booked into juvenile hall.
About 1 p.m. today, detectives located and arrested the second suspect, a 15-year-old boy, in the 3300 block of 20th Avenue.
Gigante said the shooting is believed to have been gang related. The investigation is continuing, and detectives are still looking into the possibility that other people may have been involved in the shooting.
Anyone with information pertaining to the case is asked to call Crime Alert at (916) 443-4357, or text a tip to 274637. Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.