A man died after fire blazed through his home Saturday morning.
The case has been turned over to arson investigators, officials said.
The house in the 6100 block of McLaren was in flames and filled with choking smoke when Sacramento Fire Department arrived shortly after 7 a.m., authorities said.
Three occupants in the home were able to escape the burning home, but a 67-year-old man in a rear bedroom was not able to get out. Firefighters rescued him through a side window.
Channel 10 news reports identified him as Charles Ellington, Sr. Ellington was transported to UC Davis Medical Center, where he later was pronounced dead.