Sacto 9-1-1
May 24, 2013
Third suspect arrested in January Citrus Heights homicide

johnson.jpgpowell.jpglanglois.jpgCitrus Heights police have announced a third arrest in connection with the death of a 52-year-old man Jan. 5.

Andrew Les Johnson (top left photo), 28, of Citrus Heights was arrested May 17 in San Diego. He was the last outstanding suspect in the death of Jack Swaim, who was found outside his home in the 6300 block of Stonehand Avenue, police said. Johnson, who was arrested by San Diego police, has been transported to Sacramento and booked into Sacramento County Jail.

Police responded to the Stonehand Avenue address about 6:30 a.m. Jan. 5 and found Swaim unconscious. Swaim reportedly had been struck with an unknown object outside his home. He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Jeffrey Douglas Powell (top right photo), 30, of Sacramento was arrested Jan. 12 in the 7700 block of Wintergreen Drive in Citrus Heights by detectives serving an arrest warrant. Police also announced at the time that they had an arrest warrant for Johnson. In February, police arrested Christopher Langlois (lower photo), 29, of Orangevale in connection with the homicide.

Powell and Johnson were booked on suspicion of murder and burglary, and Langlois, on suspicion of murder.

Because the three men have been charged by the District Attorney's Office, police said they could not comment specifically about the facts of the case. A news release announcing Johnson's arrest states that this was not a random crime and investigators believe Swaim was an unintended victim.

On October 14, The Sacramento Bee will temporarily remove commenting from sacbee.com. While we design the upgrade, we encourage you to tell us what you like and don't like about commenting on sacbee.com and other websites. We've heard from hundreds of you already and we're listening. Please continue to add your thoughts and questions here. We also encourage you to write Letters to the Editor on this and other topics.



About Sacto 9-1-1

Sacto 9-1-1 is a blog on crime and emergency services news in the Sacramento region.

Send feedback on Sacto 9-1-1 to Assistant Metro Editor Anthony Sorci at asorci@sacbee.com

Subscribe to Breaking News Alerts

FOLLOW US | Get more from sacbee.com | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook | Get news in your inbox | View our mobile versions | e-edition: Print edition online | What our bloggers are saying

Sacto 9-1-1 Q&A

Bee reporters answer questions about area crime news, trends and other issues. QUESTION: A couple of years ago, a Sacramento tax attorney named Roni Deutch was the target of an investigation by the California Department of Justice. She was accused of bilking clients out of millions and defying a court (Read More)

More Questions and Answers
See all the crime Q&As
Submit your question

December 2013

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        

Monthly Archives


Kim Minugh on Twitter

Follow "Kim_Minugh" on Twitter

Local Agencies on Twitter

Categories