It's a great time to be a fan of the farm-to-table food movement. Yet another farmers market is opening in the region, with the Winters Farmers Market debuting on May 3. The setting will be Rotary Park in Winters (Railroad Ave. at Main St.) and runs on Sundays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Here are some of the participating farmers and some of the bounty you'll find:
- Terra Firma Farm in Winters (organic veggies, fruits and strawberries)
- Yolo Bulb in Winters (olive oil, melons, persimmons, flowers and jam);
- Vue Farms in Elk Grove (vegetables and Asian produce)
- Springhill Cheese in Petaluma (hand-crafted cheeses from Grade A Jersey milk)
- Capay Organic in Capay (organic fruits and vegetables)
- Berryesa Gap Winery in Winters
The Winters Farmers Market will run through Oct. 25. For more information: 530-756-1695.