By Chris Macias
The National Restaurant Association surveyed some 2,000 chefs for the year's top restaurant trends, and "going local" is all the rage for 2010. "Locally grown" produce took the No. 1 spot, while "locally sourced meats and seafood" and "sustainability" emerged as runners-up. With all the bounty surrounding Sacramento, our fair city embraces these trends well and others on the list as well.
Here's the list of the Top 10 restaurant trends for 2010:
1. Locally grown produce
2. Locally sourced meats and seafood
4. Bite-size/mini desserts
5. Locally-produced wine and beer
6. Nutritionally balanced children's dishes
7. Half-portions/smaller portions for a smaller price
8. Farm/estate-branded ingredients
9. Gluten-free/food allergy conscious
10. Sustainable seafood
For the full list of top trends and other survey results, click here (.pdf file)
Call The Bee's Chris Macias, (916) 321-1253.