Sacramento Beer Week continues to chug along, with sold-out beer dinners at Mulvaney's B&L and a whole lot of suds sipping around the Sacramento area. The "Inaugural Gala" held on Monday night at the Colonial Theatre drew some 400 beer fans, who sampled from the likes of Rubicon, River City Brewing Company, Lagunitas Brewing Company out of Petaluma and more.
One bit of scoop we got during that beer-riffic event: Sacramento's Odonata Brewing Company is seeking a tasting room and brewery in the midtown area. That was the word from Peter Hoey, the company's founder and former brewmaster of Sacramento Brewing Company, who currently crafts his beers at Sudwerk in Davis. But, Hoey says that opening a midtown tasting room is tricky because of laws the prohibit single bottle sales in that area. He's still working these issues out, and we'll keep you posted when we hear more.
Red tape aside, plenty of great Sacramento Beer Week deals are for the taking. The event runs through Sunday, and here are some ways to enjoy this celebration on a budget:
- $2 pints of Sudwerk and local music at The Townhouse Lounge (1517 21st St.). Tunes by Justin Farren, Blvd. Park and more. 7 p.m. - midnight. No cover charge.
- $2.50 house beers at "A Fermentation of Verse," featuring suds and poetry at River City Brewing Company (545 Downtown Plaza, Ste. 1115, Sacramento). 7 p.m.
- Pitcher of California microbrew and a dozen wings for $15 at Extreme Pizza (1140 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento)
- "Old School Happy Hour" with $1 beers from Miller High Life, Olympia, Mickey's Big Mouth and more at Monkey Bar (2730 Capitol Ave., Sacramento). 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- $2 off any beer and appetizer combo at Old Soul at the Weatherstone (812 21st St., Sacramento)
- 22 oz Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Glissade Golden Bock for $4.99 at Logan's Roadhouse (3698 North Freeway Blvd., Sacramento).
For a full line-up of events and beer specials:www.sacramentobeerweek.com.