We've been writing a bit lately about tattoo trends, and our friends at UC Davis Cancer Center in partnership with Sacramento State University shared a video with us:
Watch closely for five questions to ask a tattoo artist before you decide to get inked:
1. Do you use only new needles?
2. Do you use new ink caps for every client?
3. Do you sterilize all the equipment that may come into contact with blood?
4. Do you wear single-use latex gloves?
5. Do you cover fresh tattoos to prevent hepatitus C transmission?
(In case you are wondering, blue is toughest color to erase if you change your mind, according to the tattoo removal expert I wrote about earlier.)