From mystery shopper scams to finding long-lost money to the rush to refinance home mortgages. In 2012, the personal finance columns that grabbed readers the most were all hit-the-wallet topics. Here's a look back at the Top 10 reader favorites:
1. Thousands of U.S. consumers, many angry over new fees, switched their bank during a nationwide "Bank Transfer Day" 610,000 ditched banks in 'fee-asco'
2. Who knew boring, ol accounting could be so attractive? A look at one of the hottest hiring sectors around: Accounting degree opens job possibilities
3. How owners of a small business - ChocolateBakery.com - successfully took the leap from brick-and-mortar to an online-only company:
How a small business succeeded online
4. Lured by get-paid-to-shop jobs, many lose money in a classic check scam: 'Mystery shopper' scam robs bank accounts
5. The state controller's office is sitting on $6.4 billion in unclaimed property, some of which could be yours:
State wants to connect unclaimed goods with their rightful owners
6. Making sure your heirs don't deal with financial/emotional chaos after you're gone:
Will you inherit cash or chaos?
7. Record-low interest rates create a stampede for refinancing home mortgages: Is a mortgage refinance right for you?
8. Teaching your college kids how to earn an "A" in managing their money:
College freshmen need to learn their money limits
9. Getting rid of an unwanted timeshare with losing $$ to scam artists: Timeshare resale scams surging
10. Avoiding computer identity theft by cyber-crooks:
How to plug online ID leaks