A look at some of the standout high school linemen in the Sacramento region this fall with Bee story running on Sheldon's Nate Iese on Thursday in example of region's diversity and talent.
Many of these players have worked with LinemenWinGames under Jon Osterhout, a highly regarded program.
* Jordan Alleva Folsom 6-2 255 Sr.
Capitan understands his unit's role: Keep QB Tanner Trosin upright; O-Line is team strength.
* Arik Armstead Pleasant Grove 6-8 285 Sr.
Dominant on both sides of the ball; especially likes DE duty because he can hit; USC commit.
* Gavin Andrews Granite Bay 6-5 330 Sr.
Crushes the competition with power and skill; 3-year starter who is as friendly as he is dominant has multiple offers, including Oregon State.
* Ashwin Cardenas Del Oro 6-0 225 Sr.
Most active, disruptive D-lineman for Golden Eagles in 2-1 start; defense has been key in two rout wins.
* Nathan Di Donato Franklin 6-2 225 Sr.
Captain and leader provides relentless pursuit; 5 sacks and averaging 9.3 tackles a game.
* Maile Fainu Burbank 6-4 245 Sr.
Explosive, relentless, another in a fabulous string of Titan terrors; Pac-12 interest.
* Charles Faraimo Grant 6-3 270 Sr.
Next great Pacers run stuffer; only one looking bigger in No. 57 is parents in road jerseys in stands.
* Zach Heath Del Oro 6-3 265 Sr.
Next Heath brother to come down the pike in Loomis; keys O-line dominance to spring run game.
* Nate Iese Sheldon 6-5 245 Sr
Ferocious off the edge and blessed with terrific speed as a tight end; can turn a game with a sack or TD grab; soaring recruiting interest.
* Bobby Keenan Rio Americano 6-5 250 Sr.
Tough, active and a reason the Raiders will compete each week; dad played at Cal.
* McCory LeDesky Roseville 5-10 215 Sr.
Not recruit huge but has major motor with 7 sacks, 4 vs. Folsom; has graded out as best team D-lineman all season, coaches say.
* Steven Moore Elk Grove 6-6 270 Sr.
Incredibly versatile - guard, tackle on any given play - and a leader and scholar who has given a commitment to Arizona; dad played at San Jose State.
Antonio Perez Sheldon 6-3 240 Sr.
Fast off the edge with recruiting interest; teams with Iese to provide 1-2 punch
* Alec Sarner Nevada Union 6-2 255 Sr.
The leader of an O-line that has paved the way for a 3-0 start with some wing-T excellence and pass protection (no interceptions); excellent student/leader.
* Sam Smith Cosumnes Oaks 6-4 265 Jr.
Powerful, determined and has a national recruiting profile that includes interest from the Pac-12 to Tennessee, Nebraska, Boise State.
* Watson Tautuiaki Elk Grove 6-2 265 Sr.
Has helped key run-stopping D and 3-0 start with help from LB brothers Josh and Noah Letuligasenoa.
* Ben Trujillo Folsom 5-11 270 Sr.
Sweated out Alabama summer camp; helps key D-line troops in effort to keep pace with prolific O.
* Ammon Tuimaunei Roseville 6-0 285 Sr.
An interior force who is active and will continue to generate recruiting interest.
* Eddie Vanderdoes Placer 6-4 295 Jr.
Buckles opposing fronts with power and desire; terrific pursuit with national recruit profile.
* George Vrame Jesuit 6-3 270 Sr.
Returning starter vows to get team back to the playoffs after 3-year drought; smart and powerful.
* Leonard Wood Monterey Trail 6-2 290 Sr.
Interior force, leader and captain helped hold Nevada Union to 50 yards rushing and vows a playoff push.
* Daniel Wong Kennedy 6-3 250 Sr.
Tough, smart leader is averaging 9.5 tackles a game as a primary stopper for Cougars team starving for success; last winning season for Kennedy was in 1990.