By Joe Davidson
Hoops, football recruiting and a bit of baseball will be our items of interest on the SureWest Sports Radio Show as I join Mike Finnerty after a holiday break Saturday morning between 9-10 a.m. on ESPN1320 (and linked later to ESPN1320.net) as The Bee and SureWest continues a content-share agreement to provide the best coverage and insight on local sports.
Big-picture view topics include:
* Sacramento beating Burbank 61-59 in a Metro Conference boys basketball thriller in Oak Park (big plays, amazing atmosphere).
* What we learned from the 103-point loss - yes, 103 points - the Johnson girls suffered at the hands of Florin. Encouraging and refreshing, but should any team ever lose 105-2?
* Jesuit basketball coach Greg Harcos calls in to talk about Saturday's Father Kelly Tribute that features area teams taking on Bay Area foes, including regional powers Foothill, Franklin, Pleasant Grove and Jesuit. Harcos is a Jesuit graduate.
* Former Jesuit catching great Andrew Susac will check in to talk about the professional baseball life as a promising prospect with the Giants.
* Football recruiting updates from Shaq Thompson of Grant, Arik Armstead of Pleasant Grove (both play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio tomorrow on NBC) and Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick.
* Commentary, rankings, previews, reviews, predictions and more....
Question for us to answer on the air? Leave on comment forum below or send via Twitter to sb_joedavidson