So the question here today is two-fold: do you plan to use an MP3 player and if so, what's on your playlist?
I first stumbled upon the no headphones rule when I ran the Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon earlier this year, but it was a moot issue because I was running with two friends.
Lately, however, I've become an iPod junkie while on training runs, most likely because I gladly use any chance I get to listen to something other than the Wiggles.
When it comes to Sunday's relay, I haven't yet decided. I probably will run with the iPod on a very low volume setting (and use my running shirt's double secret iPod stash pocket , which has a nifty little slot on the inside so you can wear your headphones without much detection).
I promise not to bump into you.
Here's my playlist (Judge if you must, but I tend to like the junk food of the music world. I have no shame admitting it):
1. Fallin' for you - Colbie Caillat
2. How will I know - Whitney Houston
3. Right round - Flo Rida
4. Love drunk - Boys Like Girls
5. Leave me alone - Michael Jackson
6. We are here to change the world - Michael Jackson
7. Suddenly I see - KT Tunstall
8. Spotlight (Twilight Mix) - Mute Math
9. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
10. Say hey (I love you) - Michael Franti and the Spearhead
11. Every little kiss - Bruce Hornsby
12. Just dance - Lady GaGa and Colby O'Donis
13. The fear - Lily Allen
14. Handle with care - The Traveling Wilburys
15. Don't stop me now - Queen
16. Ask me - The Smiths
17. Back in black - AC/DC
18. Leaving New York - R.E.M.
19. 99 red balloons - Siobhan DuVall
20. Let me love open the door - Pete Townshend
21. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
22. I gotta feeling - Black Eyed Peas
23. Wanna be startin' something - Michael Jackson
24. Heaven knows I'm miserable now - The Smiths
Are you going to wear headphones during the CIM? What's on your MP3 playlist? Post your comments below.