Woodland Museum Day offers a rare opportunity to sample a lot of the town's historic legacy when eleven unique venues are open this Saturday:
* The Christian Church Museum, 509 College St.
* The Gibson House Yolo County Historical Museum, 512 Gibson Road.
* The Hays Antique Truck Museum and the Heidrick Ag History Center both at 1962 Hays Lane
* Reiff's Gas Station on Jefferson Street.
* The Historic Woodland Railroad Dept at the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Sixth Street.
* The Spring Lake School House at the Yolo County Fair Grounds.
* The Spring Lake/Woodland Fire Museum at the Yolo County Fair Grounds.
* The Woodland Fire Museum, 532 Court St.
* The Woodland Museum of Biblical Archeology, 240 West St.
* The Woodland Opera House, 320 Second St.
Maps and brochures will be available at each location. And knowledgeable docents will be on hand to explain the exhibits.
What: Woodland Museum Day
Where: Woodland museums
When: April 14, 10 to 4 p.m.
Cost: some venues free; some have donation boxes; half price at Hayes and Hedrick.
For more info: BJ Ford, 304-7521, or event brochure
PHOTO CREDIT: Fordson Track Hadfield-Cahl Tracks 1923. Courtesy Heidrick Ag History Center