Slow day at the office?
Well put those earbuds in and escape to the world of Internet radio. From talking playoffs to breaking down the Kings and their pivotal offseason, we're here to provide some digital distraction. Be sure to read the latest on Byron Scott first, then delve into the hoops chatter.
Whitey, Phantom and super-producer Little Joe of KHTK's Rise Guys show have been high-tech for some time, uploading some of their best interviews to this site . Here's some recent material worth listening to...
* With Rick Adelman looking to exorcise his Phil Jackson demons in the Houston-Lakers series, the Rise Guys had former Kings assistant and current Rockets assistant Elston Turner on for a lengthy and entertaining chat the morning after the Rockets' Game 1 win.
* Bee sports editor Bill Bradley joined the show to talk about a variety of topics, from the Scott situation to Alex Rodriguez.
* Rick Barry talks NBA playoffs and Kings coaching search.
* Former Bee writer and current SI.com contributor Scott Howard-Cooper joined the Rise Guys to discuss why Portland should be feared even though it fell in the first round. His written words leading up to the segment are here.
* The boys and I discussed our plans to hit the court together, and eventually chatted Kings of course a few weeks back.
* Carmichael Dave caught up with Ron Artest on April 20. And while the material is a bit outdated by now, the ebony and ivory duo is funny as always and definitely worthy of your time.
* Despite some challenging technical difficulties, I had a long segment with the boys from Rotoradio. The show is an hour long, featuring hosts Tamer and Tom, myself and Philadelphia 76ers beat writer Kate Fagan of the Philadelphia Inquirer.