PHOTO CREDIT: Marcus Thornton reacts to the Sacramento Kings 95-91 victory against the Golden State Warriors in their preseason game at Power Balance Pavilion on Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2011. Hector Amezcua, Sacramento Bee.
We're starting a new daily feature to feed your fix for Sacramento Kings news. We'll highlight our own coverage, reports from news outlets of the opposing team and other news, features and analysis from around the Web.
Read more after the jump.
Result: The Sacramento Kings defeated the Golden State Warriors 95-91 on Tuesday at Power Balance Pavilion.
- Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) focused on the first start for second round pick Tyler Honeycutt in today's newspaper recap.
- Jones and Matt Kawahara (@matthewkawahara) highlight newly-acquired forward Travis Outlaw, the loss of center Chuck Hayes, the possible return of center Samuel Dalembert and the insertion of forward J.J. Hickson into the lineup in today's newspaper.
- Kawahara, in a midnight blog post, noted the team's sloppy play, including a combined 47 turnovers in the two preseason games against the Warriors.
- Jones, in a blog post this morning, says guard Marcus Thornton is "looking like the best player on the Kings."
- Brian Blomster (@b_blomster) asks "Where will Kings look for defensive heart?" in today's Leading Off column.
- View the photo gallery by Hector Amezcua (@hectoramezcua).
- View the snapshot photo gallery.
Golden State Warriors coverage:
- Marcus Thompson II (@gswscribe) writes in the Contra Costa Times that the defeat was overshadowed by the injury to point guard Stephen Curry.
- Rusty Simmons (@Rusty_SFChron) writes in the San Francisco Chronicle that the Warriors treated Tuesday night's exhibition like a roadie and David Lee was more worried about Curry than the final score.
- "A former Golden State Warriors employee has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against star guard Monta Ellis, alleging Ellis sent her unwanted texts that included a photo of his genitals," the Associated Press reports.
- "Expect a lot more sloppiness before it gets better," writes Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) in a blog post on SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- (The injury to Curry) "really casts a dark shadow over the promise of opening the season on Christmas Day, and the teams hopes for success early on in the season," writes olympicmike in a blog post on SB Nation affiliate Golden State of Mind.
• News10 has raw video interviews with Paul Westphal, Cousins, Hickson, Thornton, Jimmer Fredette and Tyreke Evans.
- Chris Riva (@kcraRiva) of KCRA spoke with fans at the game.
- "On the verge of moving to Anaheim last summer for a fancier arena, the Kings are back in California's capital city - for now - and ready for one of the most important seasons in team history," writes Antonio Gonzalez (@agonzalezAP) for the Associated Press.
- Dalembert told Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) that he's "close" to returning to Sacramento on a "one- or two-year deal" in a Fox Sports Florida story last night.
- "It's still unclear what might happen to the name on the home of the Sacramento Kings," writes Kelly Johnson (@KJohnsonsacbiz) in a story for the Sacramento Business Journal.
- "The widespread early impression is that Fredette is quiet and borderline shy, eager to fit in and as focused as they come when it comes to the work," writes Sam Amick (@sam_amick) in a feature for Sports Illustrated.
- "Never the fastest, tallest, strongest or most athletic player on the floor, the average-sized Fredette captured America's imagination with his otherworldly range and electrifying scoring ability, writes David Cassilo (@dcassilo) in a feature for SLAM magazine.
- "The Kings are here for the moment and their fan base likely will be highly enthusiastic," writes Marty McNeal (@MartyMacsWorld) in a blog post on Sacramento Connect partner Marty Mac's World.
- Paul Clegg, in a blog post on Sacramento Connect partner Game to 100, suggets the city of Sacramento should look to Chicago before leasing its parking facilities to a private operator.
- Ron Wenig (@RonWenig), in blog post on Sacramento Connect partner Kings Talking Points, suggest the Kings trade Evans to Boston for Rajon Rondo.
Tweets of the day:
We played a good game tonite, we're trying to get a feel for each other. Need to cut down the turnovers, but overall I'm proud of my Team.— Tyreke Evans (@TyrekeEvans) December 21, 2011
Great great team win tonight still growing and getting better everyday #NODaysOff— Marcus Thornton (@OfficialMT23) December 21, 2011
Great Overall Team Win.....We Got Some Things To Work On, But Future is Bright!!! #KingsAllDay— Jason Thompson (@jtthekid) December 21, 2011