PHOTO CREDIT: Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose smiles during an NBA basketball news conference, Wednesday Dec. 21, 2011, in Deerfield, Ill. Rose, the reigning MVP, agreed to a five-year contract extension worth approximately $94 million. Charles Cherney. Associated Press.
We're here to feed your need for Sacramento Kings news. Each day, we'll highlight news, features and analysis from around the Web.
- "If Monday night's win over the Los Angeles Lakers was the early flash of raw potential for the Kings, Tuesday night's loss at Portland was the reminder that there is still learning to be done," Matt Kawahara (@matthewkawahara) writes in today's newspaper.
- Tom Couzens (@tomcouzens) lists where you can find games on the major TV providers in our region in today's Leading Off column.
- Kings coach Paul Westphal addresses the media following practice Wednesday:
More news and analysis:
- "(Jimmer) Fredette fits right in with what the Kings are doing -- flying up and down the court, launching shots quickly and not passing often," writes David Thorpe (@coachthorpe) in a his Rookie Watch column for ESPN.
- Ethan Sherwood Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) selects Tyreke Evans as one of the members of his All Height Liars Team ina blog post on the TrueHoop Blog on ESPN.com.
- "After 19 sell-out seasons, it's somewhat sad that back-to-back sellouts are garnering celebration, but that is reality," writes James Ham (@James_Ham) in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- "DeMarcus Cousins is off to a good start in the eyes of many Sacramento Kings fans, even if the numbers aren't spectaular (sic)," writes Tom Ziller (@teamziller) in a blog post on SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "What we've seen from Jimmer the last two nights has been sub-par to what we know Jimmer can do," writes Bryan Rosa writes in a blog post on FanSided affiliate A Royal Pain.
- The Travis Outlaw Slam Dunk, a three-day tournament supported by the Kings' forward, began on on Monday in Starkville, Miss., Scott Walters reports in a story for The Dispatch.
- "Predicting what to expect from the Sacramento Kings at this juncture of an abbreviated NBA season is a sucker's fantasy," writes Marty McNeal (@MartyMacsWorld) in a blog post on Sacramento Connect partner Marty Mac's World.
Tonight's game - Bulls (1-1) at Kings (1-1):
• Jones previews tonight's game in today's newspaper.
• "The Bulls have gone from one of the best defensive teams in the league to one that has plenty of room for improvement," writes Braedan Ritter in (@braedangr) in his game preview for TrueHoop Network affiliate By the Horns.
• "The Chicago Bulls resume a season-opening, four-game California road trip by visiting the Sacramento Kings on Thursday," writes The Sports Network in its game preview.
Tweets of the day:
At my high school watching my young fellas put in work, brings back memories— chuck hayes (@c_hayes44) December 29, 2011
Only worried about the things I can control! God got me so I practice patience...— Isaiah Thomas (@Isaiah_Thomas2) December 28, 2011
Of the 6 NBA teams I saw in person the past 3 days the 1 that played thebest was...the Kings.— J.A. Adande (@jadande) December 29, 2011
Online coverage from The Bee this season:
• LIVE CHATS: Join The Bee's Matt Kawahara for in-game chats during every Kings home game, just before tipoff right through the final buzzer.
• VIDEOS: Find out what some Kings players and coach Paul Westphal have to say about the upcoming season - and much more.
• BLOG: Stay up to date on the team's happenings with Jason Jones, Ailene Voisin and Matt Kawahara on The Bee's Kings blog.
• FACEBOOK: "Like" the Sacramento Kings Corner page and join Bee staffers and fans in discussions about the team and players.
• TWITTER: Follow The Bee's Jason Jones for up-to-the-minute developments, in-game updates and much more about the Kings.