PHOTO CREDIT: Sacramento Kings head coach Keith Smart argues a call during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Utah Jazz, Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012, in Salt Lake City. Jim Urquhart. Associated Press.
We're here to feed your need for Sacramento Kings news. Each day, we'll highlight news, features and analysis from around the Web.
Tonight's game - Sacramento Kings (6-14) at the Golden State Warriors (6-12):
- Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones), in a blog post today, offers his five things to watch tonight.
- "(Keith) Smart said he considers his time with the Warriors - in particular his four seasons as an assistant under former head coach Don Nelson - a vital step in his development," writes Matt Kawahara (@matthewkawahara) in today's newspaper.
- Kawahara previews tonight's game in today's newspaper.
- "The evolution of Tyreke Evans' game can be traced back to Indiana," Jones wrote in yesterday's newspaper.
- Smart is not interested in moving Evans to small forward, Jones wrote in a blog post yesterday.
- "Kings forward-center Chuck Hayes said today that his left shoulder 'slightly popped out' in the final seconds of the Kings' loss to the Utah Jazz on Saturday night," Kawahara wrote in a blog post yesterday.
- Jonathan Santiago (@itsJONsantiago) preview's tonight's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- "Last-minute reclamation projects appear to be Smart's specialty. First Cleveland. Then Golden State. Now Sacramento," writes Marcus Thompson II (@gswscribe) in today's Contra Costa Times.
- Thompson previews tonight's game in today's Contra Costa Times.
- "Keith Smart's Kings have lost four straight games, but he wouldn't trade places with anyone. No, not even Mark Jackson," writes Vittorio Tafur (@VittorioTafur) in today's San Francisco Chronicle.
- J.M. Poulard (@shyneiv) preview's tonight's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Warriorsworld.net.
More news and analysis:
- Rob McAllister (@Rob_McAllister) discusses how much time Sacramento has to build a new entertainment and sports complex in Sacramento in the first blog post in a three-part series for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- James Ham (@James_Ham) spoke to Jimmer Fredette about his return to Utah in the Cowbell Kingdom Podcast.
- "While we talk about what position he plays or what style of game he should play or why he is struggling, the only thing we should be talking about is whether or not Evans is the player that can lead his team to victory," writes Ham in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- "The Kings have to look at the trade market and the draft to improve their team," writes Bryan Rosa writes in a blog post on FanSided affiliate A Royal Pain.
Tweets of the day:
Driving thru oakland brings back childhood memories #love the TOWN— chuck hayes (@c_hayes44) January 31, 2012
The Maloofs have recently considered replacing Geoff Petrie in Sacramento, but there's no imminent move. Per usual, the family is torn.— Tom Ziller (@teamziller) January 30, 2012
Online coverage from The Bee this season:
• LIVE CHATS: Join The Bee's Matt Kawahara for in-game chats during every Kings home game, just before tipoff right through the final buzzer.
• VIDEOS: Find out what some Kings players and coach Paul Westphal have to say about the upcoming season - and much more.
• BLOG: Stay up to date on the team's happenings with Jason Jones, Ailene Voisin and Matt Kawahara on The Bee's Kings blog.
• FACEBOOK: "Like" the Sacramento Kings Corner page and join Bee staffers and fans in discussions about the team and players.
• TWITTER: Follow The Bee's Jason Jones for up-to-the-minute developments, in-game updates and much more about the Kings.