PHOTO CREDIT: Sacramento Kings guard Isaiah Thomas (22) pumps up the crowd against the Indiana Pacers during the second half of an NBA basketball game on Wednesday. Steve Yeater. Associated Press.
We're here to feed your need for Sacramento Kings news. Each day, we'll highlight news, features and analysis from around the Web.
Last night's game: The Sacramento Kings defeated the Indiana Pacers 92-88 on Wednesday at the Power Balance Pavilion. View the box score.
- "Exactly how the Kings pulled out this victory was puzzling to their coach and even some of their players," Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) writes in today's newspaper recap.
- "Kings coach Keith Smart prefers to get in a practice upon arrival on trips where his team flies east," Jones writes in today's newspaper.
- Jones, in a blog post this morning, writes about Smith's success going small.
- "Effort, energy and adrenalin rushes remain constants in NBA victories," writes Ailene Voisin (@ailene_voisin) in a post-game blog post.
- "Was Indiana just careless with the ball and cold from the floor, or did the Kings' defense force the Pacers into those mistakes?," asks Tom Ziller (@teamziller) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "The Kings were much more cohesive when playing in the zone than they normally are on man-to-man," writes Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "The Kings final five against the Pacers was a magnificent bunch," writes Scott Levin (@KingsSLev) writes in a blog post for FanSided affiliate A Royal Pain.
- Jonathan Santiago (@itsJONsantiago) and James Ham (@James_Ham) break down last night's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- The Kings "went to a zone defense and let the Pacers shoot their way out of the game," writes Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) in today's Indianapolis Star.
- "The Kings were a desperate team and that desperation showed up with a boost off the bench," writes Tom Lewis (@IndyCornrows) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Indy Cornrows.
- "This was a players' loss - all of the players - but, hey, at least they did it as a unit," writes Tim Donahue in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Eight Points, Nine Seconds.
- View the photo gallery by José Luis Villegas.
- View the snapshot photo gallery by Blake Ellington (@blakeellington).
- View the video highlights at NBA.com.
More news and analysis:
- The Kings have "shown a resilience and cohesion" since the firing Paul Westphal and hiring of Smart, writes Sekou Smith (@SekouSmithNBA) in a blog post on the Hang Time Blog for NBA.com.
- "The Kings as a team have definitely been worse than expected, but if there is one group that has been better than the rest, it's the bigs," writes Yerocostas in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "Admittedly, it's hard to see how the misfortunes of the Kings can change with the current ownership," writes Marcos Breton (@MarcosBreton) in a column in today's newspaper.
- Giants President and CEO Larry Baer believes a new downtown arena can be built, writes Ryan Lillis (@Ryan_Lillis) writes in today's newspaper.
- Tom DuHain (@kcraduhain) of KCRA reports from the State of Downtown address.
- Listen to Baer's comments at the State of Downtown courtesy of KFBK:
Tweets of the day:
I'm wary of the DMC-Sheed comparison, but Cousins played Sheed-like defense in the fourth quarter last night.— Tom Ziller (@teamziller) January 19, 2012
Kings have worst shooters in league, but that was a gutty effort on defense and the boards— Ron Wenig (@RonWenig) January 19, 2012
1957 was last time in Kings franchise history that a team shot 30% and won. @CarmichaelDave was in 2nd grade.— Scott Moak (@AnnouncerScott) January 19, 2012
Online coverage from The Bee this season:
• LIVE CHATS: Join The Bee's Matt Kawahara for in-game chats during every Kings home game, just before tipoff right through the final buzzer.
• VIDEOS: Find out what some Kings players and coach Paul Westphal have to say about the upcoming season - and much more.
• BLOG: Stay up to date on the team's happenings with Jason Jones, Ailene Voisin and Matt Kawahara on The Bee's Kings blog.
• FACEBOOK: "Like" the Sacramento Kings Corner page and join Bee staffers and fans in discussions about the team and players.
• TWITTER: Follow The Bee's Jason Jones for up-to-the-minute developments, in-game updates and much more about the Kings.