PHOTO CREDIT: Kings center DeMarcus Cousins hugs Keith Smart after the team came from behind to beat the Bucks in Smart's first game as head coach. JosÃ© Luis Villegas, Sacramento Bee.
We're here to feed your need for Sacramento Kings news. Each day, we'll highlight news, features and analysis from around the Web.
Last night's game: The Sacramento Kings defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 103-100 on Thursday at Power Balance Pavilion. View the box score.
- "The Kings don't know all that (Keith) Smart plans to implement, but that shouldn't stop them from hustling," Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) writes in today's newspaper recap. "And that hard work was enough for a win Thursday."
- "(Chuck) Hayes said he won't change his style, never mind the days-long soreness," Jones writes in today's newspaper. Jones, in a blog post today, reports Hayes will miss three to four weeks because of a dislocated shoulder.
- "It was interesting the way Smart implemented sets to offset the Kings' poor passing and movement," writes Ailene Voisin (@ailene_voisin) writes in a post-game blog post this morning. "Everyone is getting touches and shots, which keeps all the players happy."
- Hayes organized a players-only meeting after the loss to Denver, writes Matt Kawahara (@matthewkawahara) in a post-game blog post.
- "The biggest difference between tonight and the last few was the effort the team showed all night," writes Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "Smart let the Kings play freely tonight, but he wasn't afraid to make adjustments when he saw them," writes Scott Levin (@KingsSLev) writes in a blog post for FanSided affiliate A Royal Pain.
- Jonathan Santiago (@itsJONsantiago) and James Ham (@James_Ham) break down last night's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- "(DeMarcus) Cousins made it clear he doesn't want out of the capital city," writes Santiago in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- "Now the Bucks are 0-3 on the western swing and searching for answers," Charles F. Gardner writes in today's Journal Sentinel.
- Gardner breaks down last night's game in today's Journal Sentinel.
- "It's tough to explain how two halves of basketball between the same two teams could look any different, but whatever switch Sacramento flipped at halftime changed the dynamic of the game," writes Jeremy Schmid (@Bucksketball) in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Bucksketball.
- "Offensively Sacramento simply crushed the Bucks on the boards," writes Frank Madden (@brewhoop) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Brew Hoop.
- "The second half played out in such a surreal way that it felt more like someone decided to abandon their controller in the middle of an NBA 2K contest," writes Jake McCormick (@Were_Bucked) writes in a blog post for FanSided affiliate We're Bucked.
- View the photo gallery by JosÃ© Luis Villegas.
- View the snapshot photo gallery by Blake Ellington (@blakeellington).
- View the video highlights at NBA.com.
More Bee coverage:
- "Smart, who coached the Golden State Warriors last season, signed a two-year deal with the Kings," Jones writes in today's newspaper.
- "This was a necessary move, the obvious move, the only move," writes Voisin in a column in today's newspaper.
- Jones, in a blog post this morning, writes about how Smart ended up with the Kings and not the Dallas Mavericks.
- "The Lindsays spoke for scores of Kings fans who said it was time for a coaching change, and they welcome the Keith Smart era," writes Kawahara in today's newspaper
Special note: More coverage and analysis on the firing of Paul Westphal and the new direction for the Sacramento Kings to come this weekend.
Tweets of the day:
Man I'm tired of this hotel. need to find a places quick.— Travis outlaw (@SippiCountryBoi) January 6, 2012
Thanks for the support to my fans, I'm gonna be ok, hope to be on the court soon— chuck hayes (@c_hayes44) January 6, 2012
S/O everybody back home and in SAC riding wit me this season I see y'all #salute— Marcus Thornton (@OfficialMT23) January 6, 2012
Online coverage from The Bee this season:
• LIVE CHATS: Join The Bee's Matt Kawahara for in-game chats during every Kings home game, just before tipoff right through the final buzzer.
• VIDEOS: Find out what some Kings players and coach Paul Westphal have to say about the upcoming season - and much more.
• BLOG: Stay up to date on the team's happenings with Jason Jones, Ailene Voisin and Matt Kawahara on The Bee's Kings blog.
• FACEBOOK: "Like" the Sacramento Kings Corner page and join Bee staffers and fans in discussions about the team and players.
• TWITTER: Follow The Bee's Jason Jones for up-to-the-minute developments, in-game updates and much more about the Kings.