PHOTO CREDIT: Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins sits on the bench after coming out of their game against the Denver Nuggets during the fourth quarter in Sacramento, Calif., on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012. The Nuggets won 122-93. Steve Yeater. Associated Press.
We're here to feed your need for Sacramento Kings news. Each day, we'll highlight news, features and analysis from around the Web.
Last night's game: The Denver Nuggets defeated the Sacramento Kings 122-93 on Wednesday at Power Balance Pavilion. View the box score.
- "In losing their third consecutive game, all by double digits, the Kings allowed 92 points in the paint to the Nuggets," Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) writes in today's newspaper recap.
- "The Kings will be without leading scorer Marcus Thornton for one to two weeks," Jones writes in today's newspaper.
- "Kings coach Keith Smart keeps running into obstacles when it comes to implementing the running style of play he wants with the Kings," writes Jones in a blog post this morning.
- "The story of the night was the Kings porous defense and Denver's superb job of attacking the paint," writes Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "Some games need little explanation and breaking them down only prolongs the agony," writes Scott Levin (@KingsSLev) writes in a blog post for FanSided affiliate A Royal Pain.
- Jonathan Santiago (@itsJONsantiago) and James Ham (@James_Ham) break down last night's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- "It was so bad Wednesday night at Power Balance Pavilion, staying in the game was a punishment," writes Scott Howard-Cooper (@SHowardCooper) in blog post on the Hang Time Blog for NBA.com.
- "The blowout allowed (George) Karl to dip deep into his bench," writes John Parker (@john_a_parker) in today's Denver Post.
- "The Kings have three stars from Denver's nine-year playoff run which spanned nearly all of the 1980s," writes Parker in today's Denver Post.
- "The Kings, one of the worst, if not the sorriest team in the league, couldn't stop the Nuggets and struggled to score on a ton of empty possesions while yielding to Denver in the paint all night," writes Dick Harmon (@Harmonwrites) in today's Deseret News.
- "This game got out of hand in a hurry," writes Nate Timmons (@Nate_Timmons) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Denver Stiffs.
- "The Nuggets finished their five-game road trip undefeated - first time ever in franchise history and they did it with seven players scoring in double figures and all 11 players that played scored," writes Jonathan Maness writes in a blog post for FanSided affiliate Nugg Love.
- Kalen Deremo (@24kGoldenChild) breaks down last night's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Roundball Mining Company.
- View the photo gallery by JosÃ© Luis Villegas.
- View the snapshot photo gallery by Blake Ellington (@blakeellington).
- View the video highlights at NBA.com.
More news and analysis:
- J. Michael Falgoust (@jmikeNBAusat) talks to Jimmer Fredette in a Q&A for USA Today.
- "The Jazz have a big game Saturday against the struggling Kings, but it's not the Kings themselves that make this game a big deal, it's the guard who comes off the bench that makes this a marquee match, Jimmer," writes John Clyde in a story for KSL TV.
- "What the hell happened to Jimmer Fredette?" asks Sebastian Pruiti (@SebastianPruiti) in a story for Grantland.
- Rick Adelman is happy Peja Stojakovic earned a ring, reports Dwain Price (@dwainprice) in a blog post on the Full-Court Press blog for the Forth Worth Star-Telegram.
- Isaiah Thomas "has never been dogged by the bad days or inflated by the good days," writes Steve Kelley in a column for the Seattle Times. "He looks at every morning as another opportunity to play basketball, another chance to get better."
Tweets of the day:
I'm still depressed after that pitiful Kings performance last night.That was just embarrassing.— Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) January 26, 2012
Nothing left to say about Kings.It's a debacle from any angle.Just a horribly assembled team, courtesy of Petrie and the Maloofs— Ron Wenig (@RonWenig) January 26, 2012
What's the problem, guys? The Kings avoided their third 30-point loss of the season.— Tom Ziller (@teamziller) January 26, 2012
Online coverage from The Bee this season:
• LIVE CHATS: Join The Bee's Matt Kawahara for in-game chats during every Kings home game, just before tipoff right through the final buzzer.
• VIDEOS: Find out what some Kings players and coach Paul Westphal have to say about the upcoming season - and much more.
• BLOG: Stay up to date on the team's happenings with Jason Jones, Ailene Voisin and Matt Kawahara on The Bee's Kings blog.
• FACEBOOK: "Like" the Sacramento Kings Corner page and join Bee staffers and fans in discussions about the team and players.
• TWITTER: Follow The Bee's Jason Jones for up-to-the-minute developments, in-game updates and much more about the Kings.