Here is Week 5 of my very unofficial NBA rankings. I still believe the Knicks and Celtics will turn things around at some point. Same goes for the Mavericks.
When that will happen? I have no idea.
1. Chicago Bulls (15-3 LW 1) - No Derrick Rose? No problem. C.J. Watson and John Lucas III are ready.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (13-3, LW, 2) - Did the Thunder really lose to the Wizards? Yes, but at least Russell Westbrook's contract situation is resolved.
3. Miami Heat (11-4, Last week, 4) - LeBron plays well without D-Wade in the lineup. So the Heat should trade Wade, right?
4. Denver Nuggets (12-5, LW 7) - Danilo Gallinari plays big against his old team to help Nuggets beat New York.
5. Orlando Magic (11-4, LW 10) - Ryan Anderson continues to have impressive showings.
6. Los Angeles Clippers (8-5, LW 3) - The sooner Chris Paul gets back, the better.
7. San Antonio Spurs (10-7, LW 5) - Who predicted the Spurs would lose their first home game to the Kings?
8. Los Angeles Lakers (10-7, LW 6) - Championship teams win road games and the Lakers were routed by Miami and Orlando on the road. .
9. Indiana Pacers (10-4, LW 8) - Bounced back from last week's collapse at Sacramento thanks to George Hill.
10. Memphis Grizzles (9-6, LW 15) - On a six-game winning streak to lead the Southwest Division..
11. Philadelphia 76ers (11-5, LW 12) - Leading the Atlantic Division ahead of highly touted Boston, New York. .
12. Atlanta Hawks (12-5, LW 12) - How long can the Hawks play well without Al Horford?
13. Dallas Mavericks (10-7, LW 9) - Dirk needs time off to work on conditioning? Tough times in Dallas.
14. Utah Jazz (10-5, LW 14) -Tests will come once Jazz start playing more road games.
15. Portland Trail Blazers (9-7, LW 13) - Some nights they look like title contenders, other nights not so much.
16. Houston Rockets (9-7, LW 19) - Samuel Dalembert has played well during six-game winning streak.
17. Minnesota Timberwolves (7-9, LW 21) - Kevin Love rebounds and hits game-winning threes. Team needs to give him a max deal now.
18. Phoenix Suns (6-9, LW 20) - Marcin Gortat dominated the Celtics ... is he good or Celtics just that bad?
19. Cleveland Cavaliers (6-9, LW 17) - Cavs suffered some blowout losses, have lost three in a row.
20. New York Knicks (6-10, LW 16) - The losing streak is at six games.
21. Boston Celtics (5-9, LW 18) - Rajon Rondo's wrist injury is latest setback.
22. Sacramento Kings (6-11, LW 22) - In the midst of playing eight of nine games on the road.
23. Milwaukee Bucks (5-9, LW 23) - Brandon Jennings showed out against the Knicks.
24. Detroit Pistons (4-13, LW 25) - The Greg Monroe Show continues.
25. Golden State Warriors (5-10, LW 24) - Could David Lee make the All-Star team in a conference that's deep at power forward?.
26. Charlotte Bobcats (3-13, LW 24) - Could more Kemba Walker help the Bobcats get untracked?
27. New Jersey Nets (4-12, LW 28) - Now reports are Deron Williams is gone if Dwight Howard isn't acquired. At they'll be in Brooklyn soon, right?
28. Toronto Raptors (4-12, L 27) - Losing streak is at seven games.
29. New Orleans Hornets (3-13, LW 29) - Another team on a seven-game losing streak.
30. Washington Wizards (2-13, LW 30) - JaVale McGee took heat for a showboating dunk while the team was losing. Guess the worst team in the league can't have a little fun.