PHOTO CREDIT: Sacramento Kings' Tyreke Evans falls to the floor in pain during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday in Oakland, Calif. Ben Margot, Associated Press.
We're here to feed your need for Sacramento Kings news. Each day, we'll highlight news, features and analysis from around the Web.
Last night's game: The Golden State Warriors defeated the Sacramento Kings 93-90 on Tuesday at Oracle Arena. View the box score.
- "The Kings had 16 turnovers through three quarters," Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) writes in today's newspaper recap. "That allowed the Warriors to stay in the game even though they were shooting poorly."
- "(Gavin) Maloof said any reports the team is considering replacing basketball president Geoff Petrie are 'totally false,'" Jones writes in today's newspaper.
- "Despite the disappointing record, the Kings have two easily identifiable pieces around whom to build - Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins," writes Ailene Voisin (@ailene_voisin) in a post-game blog post.
- "Isaiah Thomas is becoming the Kings go-to guy in the fourth quarter," writes Jones in a blog post this morning.
- "The Kings have now lost 5 games in a row, but are entering a softer part of the schedule that they should hopefully take advantage of," writes Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "The Kings fourth-quarter offense was a train wreck," writes Scott Levin (@KingsSLev) writes in a blog post for FanSided affiliate A Royal Pain. "The Warriors turned up the defense, and Sacramento failed to adjust."
- James Ham (@James_Ham) break down last night's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- "It took coach Mark Jackson well into the third quarter Tuesday to find an advantage to exploit. And when he found it, he rode it," writes Marcus Thompson II (@gswscribe) in today's Contra Costa Times.
- "Coach Mark Jackson picked an unfortunate night to reaffirm his confidence in the Warriors' tiny backcourt," writes Rusty Simmons (@Rusty_SFChron) in today's San Francisco Chronicle.
- "There has been a growing suspicion that the Warriors' bench is their secret weapon, defensively superior to the starting five and worth a longer look as the season goes on," writes Bruce Jenkins in today's San Francisco Chronicle.
- J.M. Poulard (@shyneiv) reacts to last night's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Warriorsworld.net.
- View the video highlights at NBA.com.
Tweets of the day:
Have been cleared to practice to see how it goes thank GOD— Marcus Thornton (@OfficialMT23) February 1, 2012
When times get hard sometimes it'sok to take a look back in the past. to see how far you have came or grown.— Travis outlaw (@SippiCountryBoi) February 1, 2012
Kings deserved to lose that with all the turnovers. Loved Isaiah's determination at the end though.— Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) February 1, 2012
Online coverage from The Bee this season:
• LIVE CHATS: Join The Bee's Matt Kawahara for in-game chats during every Kings home game, just before tipoff right through the final buzzer.
• VIDEOS: Find out what some Kings players and coach Paul Westphal have to say about the upcoming season - and much more.
• BLOG: Stay up to date on the team's happenings with Jason Jones, Ailene Voisin and Matt Kawahara on The Bee's Kings blog.
• FACEBOOK: "Like" the Sacramento Kings Corner page and join Bee staffers and fans in discussions about the team and players.
• TWITTER: Follow The Bee's Jason Jones for up-to-the-minute developments, in-game updates and much more about the Kings.