PHOTO CREDIT: Forward Donte Greene looks at a screen before the team's game against the Orlando Magic on January 8, 2012 at Power Balance Pavilion. Hector Amezcua. Sacramento Bee.
We're here to feed your need for Sacramento Kings news. Each day, we'll highlight news, features and analysis from around the Web.
Correction: The original post incorrectly described tonight's matchup as a #BlackThursday matchup.
Tonight's game - Portland Trail Blazers (13-9) at the Sacramento Kings (6-15):
- "If the Kings are to begin playing well and improve, DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans have to play well" writes Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) in today's newspaper.
- Nolan Smith "is averaging six minutes and itching for more, much as his father did during his rookie season with the Warriors," writes Ailene Voisin (@ailene_voisin) in a column in today's newspaper.
- Jones previews tonight's game in today's newspaper.
- John Salmons says the team needs to match the "physical presence" of the Trail Blazers, writes Matt Kawahara (@matthewkawahara) in a post-practice blog post.
- "Guard Marcus Thornton (left thigh hematoma) said he wants to play Thursday against the Portland Trail Blazers, but that the decision will be up to team doctors," reports Kawahara in a post-practice blog post.
- Jonathan Santiago (@itsJONsantiago) preview's tonight's game in a blog post for TrueHoop Network affiliate Cowbell Kingdom.
- Jason Quick (@jwquick) previews tonight's game in today's Oregonian.
- Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) preview's tonight's game in a story for CSNNW.
- Mike Acker previews tonight's game in a blog post for FanSided affiliate Rip City Project.
More news and analysis:
- "Something I've noticed over the past two weeks is that, lo and behold, Tyreke Evans is really racking up assists," writes Tom Ziller (@teamziller) in a blog post for SB Nation affiliate Sactown Royalty.
- "The Kings really need some athleticism on their front line, high character players, and someone who doesn't need 20 shots a night to make an impact on the court," writes Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) in his "Who would lottery teams take No. 1?" piece for ESPN. "(Anthony) Davis fits all three categories brilliantly."
- "Do I still think (Jimmer) Fredette can grow into a solid player?," asks David Thorpe (@coachthorpe) in a his Rookie Watch column for ESPN. "Yes, but he needs to start that growth process now or he'll lose his rotation spot to fellow rookie Isaiah Thomas, who has played much better in fewer minutes."
Tweets of the day:
Only Dwight Howard and Kevin Love have more double doubles than DeMarcus Cousins this season.— Greg Wissinger (@gwiss) February 2, 2012
Jason Thompson's post-game has seriously improved this year. He's 18 of 25 in post-up situations, can finish with either hand too.— Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16) February 1, 2012
Online coverage from The Bee this season:
• LIVE CHATS: Join The Bee's Matt Kawahara for in-game chats during every Kings home game, just before tipoff right through the final buzzer.
• VIDEOS: Find out what some Kings players and coach Paul Westphal have to say about the upcoming season - and much more.
• BLOG: Stay up to date on the team's happenings with Jason Jones, Ailene Voisin and Matt Kawahara on The Bee's Kings blog.
• FACEBOOK: "Like" the Sacramento Kings Corner page and join Bee staffers and fans in discussions about the team and players.
• TWITTER: Follow The Bee's Jason Jones for up-to-the-minute developments, in-game updates and much more about the Kings.