Tyreke Evans will not play. Francisco Garcia will start for Evans.
1. Evans update: Just spoke to Tyreke Evans (sore left knee) as he left the locker room to test his knee out again. He's not wearing a brace and will decide if he will play after working out again. Can't be any more of a game-time decision.
2. Streaking: Marcus Thornton is in the midst of the wrong kind of streak. He's scored in single digits in three consecutive games, easily his worst offensive output over three games this season.
3. More bench support: With Thornton struggling someone else has to provide offense from the bench. Saturday night it was Travis Outlaw. Jimmer Fredette and Isaiah Thomas have also been productive off the bench. That's why the Kings have managed to win three consecutive games with Thornton struggling.
4. The hook shot: DeMarcus Cousins tried to use a hook shot more at Portland and shot 6 of 17. It wasn't exclusively because of that, but it was enough to frustrate him to tell coach Keith Smart he wasn't going to work on the shot anymore. Smart showed Cousins' film from the game to show how close he was to making the shots. Perhaps he won't abandon it tonight.
5. The wildcard: Francisco Garcia and Outlaw were surprisingly effective after not playing much. Who might Smart surprise us with tonight?