The Kings will be on the road for four games starting Saturday night at Portland.
Tonight's game is the Kings' last chance to build some momentum before going on the road, where they have dropped all six games this season.
Here are five things to look for tonight when the Kings host the Orlando Magic.
1. Guessing game: Tonight's backup point guard will be ..... ? Jimmer Fredette was the backup Wednesday in the Kings' win over Toronto. Isaiah Thomas might be the choice tonight. Keith Smart doesn't plan to choose between either for the long term anytime soon.
2. Running the floor: The Kings need their bigs to run the floor for easy scoring chances. None are dominant post players so any time they can get points in on the break, that's a positive.
3. Move the ball: The Kings say they're done with being a one-on-one team. But they've said that before. If the Kings don't move the ball for better shots, they'll be in trouble.
4. Salmons impact: In the last week or two John Salmons has become the glue guy of the starting lineup. He's coming off having a season-high seven assists and seems willing to play off Cousins and Evans rather than look for his offense first.
5. Bench balance: Thomas Robinson and Fredette each scored seven points off the bench Wednesday. The Kings will be better if the scoring load isn't on Marcus Thornton with the reserves.