LOS ANGELES - While the Clippers and Knicks are occupying Staples Center, a few things to consider for later when the Kings play the Lakers.
1. DeMarcus Cousins' status - He's officially listed as day-to-day with a left quad contusion, but the Kings didn't sound optimistic about his status a couple of days ago. But he'll probably decide if he'll play based on his pregame workout.
2. Kobe Bryant's status - Bryant (flu, sprained left ankle) is another gametime decision. Sounds like Bryant won't play, but with him you never know so the Kings will plan as if Bryant is playing.
3. Using all the fouls - If Cousins doesn't play might the Kings be reluctant to use up fouls to put Dwight Howard on the foul line? The Kings might not want Jason Thompson taking fouls unnecessarily.
4. Run, run, run - The Kings can't allow the Lakers to dictate the tempo. They have to force the older Lakers to run.
5. Go inside - Even if Cousins doesn't play, the Kings have to attack the rim. With Pau Gasol still out, the Kings have to see if they can get Howard in foul trouble and remove one of the game's premier shot blockers.