Follow along in this live blog as the Sacramento Kings play the L.A. Lakers in Los Angeles. Get instant updates from Bee reporter Jason Jones and others.
News, observations and reader questions about the Sacramento Kings and the NBA.
404 Not Found
November 24, 2013
November 23, 2013
Follow along in this live blog as the Sacramento Kings play the LA Clippers in Los Angeles. Get instant updates from Bee reporter Jason Jones and others.
November 9, 2013
Follow the Kings as they play the Portland Trail Blazers for a second consecutive night, this time back at Sleep Train Arena. Get scores, updates and highlights as the game is being played.
November 8, 2013
Follow the Kings first road game of the season as they play the Portland Trail Blazers. Get scores, updates and highlights as the game is being played.
November 5, 2013
Replay the game between the Kings and Atlanta Hawks Tuesday night through updates, scores and highlights.
November 2, 2013
Replay Saturday night's Kings game against the Golden State Warriors.
November 1, 2013
Replay Friday night's Kings game against the Los Angeles Clippers at Sleep Train Arena.
Join Sacramento Bee columnist Ailene Voisin's discussion about Wednesday night's season-opening game between the Kings and Denver Nuggets.
October 30, 2013
Join The Sacramento Bee's Jason Jones for a live chat and Q&A leading up to Wednesday night's NBA season opener between the Kings and the Denver Nuggets. The chat begins at noon.
October 25, 2013
Replay updates from Friday night's game between the Kings and the Los Angeles Clippers.
Replay the Sacramento Kings-Golden State Warriors preseason game coverage with The Sacramento Bee's Kings beat writer, Jason Jones, who sat courtside, and others from Sleep Train Arena.
October 23, 2013
The Sacramento Bee's Jason Jones hosted a live chat to discuss Wednesday's NBA preseason game between the Kings and Golden State Warriors. Replay it here.
October 17, 2013
Join Bee sports editor Tom Couzens and deputy sports editor Vic Contreras in a live chat focusing on today's NBA Draft and the Kings' fortunes as they try to get the most value from their seventh-round pick. The chat begins at 4 p.m.
May 23, 2013
May 20, 2013
May 15, 2013
March 22, 2013
January 28, 2013
January 25, 2013
Seattle and Sacramento are facing off over the Sacramento Kings. So we're bringing together reporters from The Seattle Times and The Sacramento Bee to host a live chat with fans. Join at noon Monday to share your questions or comments: sacbee.com/live
Have a question you'd like the team of reporters to answer? Leave it in the Comments field below.
Participating in the chat will be:
Bob Condotta has been covering Seattle's quest for an NBA team. He has covered the University of Washington football program for The Seattle Times since 2002. Previously, he covered UW for The Tacoma News Tribune. He has covered a variety of sports in a career that began in 1985. Find him on Twitter: @bcondotta
Lynn Thompson covers City Hall for The Seattle Times. A veteran journalist, Lynn helped break the story about investor Chris Hansen's interest in bringing an NBA franchise back to Seattle. Lynn has covered Hansen's proposal extensively as Hansen modified it to win final approval from city and county lawmakers. Find her on Twitter: @lthompsontimes
Marcos Breton is the news columnist for The Sacramento Bee and was previously a sports columnist and senior writer. Breton is the author of two baseball books and is a Baseball Hall of Fame voter and a contributor to ESPN. He was also featured in Ken Burns' documentary "The Tenth Inning." Find him on Twitter: @MarcosBreton
Ryan Lillis is part of a three-reporter team at The Sacramento Bee covering the potential move of the Sacramento Kings and the quest to build a new arena. He is the author of City Beat blog and has covered the city of Sacramento, its neighborhoods and politicians since 2008. Find him on Twitter: @Ryan_Lillis
January 10, 2013
The Bee's Ailene Voisin will lead a live chat beginning at 1 p.m. today to discuss the latest developments surrounding a possible sale of the Kings and their move to Seattle.
January 9, 2013
While reiterating that Kings co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof change their minds faster than I switch from ESPN to MSNBC to CNN, here are a few final thoughts on an eventful Wednesday that began and ended with an insane number of tweets, rumors, reports, etc., about the possible sale of the Kings franchise to a group from Seattle.
* According to sources, several of the team's minority owners were stunned (and ticked off) to hear that talks about a sale/relocation between the Maloofs and the Chris Hansen-led Seattle group reportedly have intensified. And one day after Virginia Beach removes itself as an NBA player? Hmmm. I also heard that high-ranking Kings employees were shocked by the reports that first surfaced early Wednesday on Yahoo!
* Of the Maloofs, Gavin has long been most adamantly opposed to selling. The second of five Maloof siblings, he jokingly has said that he would chop off one of his legs before agreeing to a sale of the franchise. As for the investors Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson said he has spoken with about purchasing the Kings? Let's just say, the brothers like Ron Burkle about as much as they like the Lakers, which is to say, they will never get over it ..
* This is pretty lousy timing for KJ. The former Phoenix Suns All-Star should be celebrating his nomination for the 2013 Naismith Hall of Fame.
* Not a bad number: 19 sellouts in 27 seasons in Sacramento. While Kings attendance is dwindling - for obvious reasons, among them franchise uncertainty and a disappointing product - based on the eyeball test and from watching games on NBA League Pass, a number of other teams appear to be, um, quite generous with the numbers.
* Publicly, league executives were unusually quiet Wednesday. Can only guess at the significance of the silence ....
* For those who might not have noticed, L.A.'s other team - those Clippers - will be here for the regular-season finale. The man sure knows how to make money, though.
* While the reported estimates of $500 million would break all NBA numbers for franchise sales, any relocation would require that the Maloofs pay off the $77 million loan to the city, pay approximately $30-$35 million in relocation fees, and receive approval from the Board of Governors.
Finally, this is a wild and crazy season. Who thought the Lakers would be on the playoff bubble? That the Grizzlies and Warriors would be this good? Or, for that matter, that the Kings would be this bad?
January 9, 2013
Reports indicate that a deal to sell the Kings and move them to Seattle continue to circulate with greater intensity.
Join The Bee's Marcos Breton at 12:45 p.m. to discuss the latest on the franchise's possible exity from Sacramento.
October 31, 2012
June 29, 2012
June 28, 2012
April 26, 2012
February 29, 2012
February 27, 2012
The Bee's arena team hosted a live chat to answer questions and provide updates after today's announcement that the city of Sacramento, the NBA and the Maloofs have reached a tentative deal to build an arena in the Sacramento railyards.
February 4, 2012
February 2, 2012
January 25, 2012
January 8, 2012
January 5, 2012
January 5, 2012
Want to find out what assistant coach Keith Smart thinks about being promoted to head coach for tonight's game against the Bucks?
The Kings will have two news conferences this afternoon - 5 p.m. with basketball president Geoff Petrie and 5:15 p.m. with Smart - at Power Balance Pavilion in the aftermath of todays' firing of Paul Westphal as head coach.
We'll be there with reporters, photographers and video, so please check back for updates.
Plus, columnist Marcos Breton will be on a live chat 6 p.m.-7 p.m. and Matt Kawahara will host tonight's in-game live chat beginning just before tipoff. Check out both here on the Kings Blog beginning at 6 p.m.
January 5, 2012
January 1, 2012
December 31, 2011
December 29, 2011
December 26, 2011
Welcome to the first game-long live chat for the Sacramento Kings. The chats will be hosted by The Bee's Matt Kawahara for all 33 home games during the 2011-2012 season.
Tonight's chat begins at 6:45 p.m.
December 22, 2011
Here's a replay of the live chat hosted by The Bee's Jason Jones discussing the Kings' upcoming season and issues surrounding the team as it looks to make strides and an impact in the NBA this year.
December 7, 2011
What do you want to know about the Sacramento Kings 2011-12 season? Here's your chance to ask assistant coach Bobby Jackson -- and get the inside story.
Jackson joins Bee Kings writer Jason Jones for a live chat at 10 a.m. Wednesday right here on the Kings Blog.
Ask about the season schedule announced today, get an update on the team or just share a comment about your favorite player. Return here to the Kings blog at 10 a.m. tomorrow. If you can't make the chat, leave your comments or questions here, and we'll share some of them in the chat.