The Department of General Services today hosted the 9th Annual State Agency Recognition Awards for state departments that advocate for and contract with small businesses and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE in state-speak). You can read the press release by clicking here.
Judges representing small and veteran-owned businesses and the state picked the winners.
The envelopes, please!
Most Improved Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Participation
- Environmental Protection Agency-SB/Small
- Gambling Control Commission-SB/Medium
- Department of Industrial Relations-SB/Large
- Office of Real Estate Appraisers-DVBE/Small
- California Tahoe Conservancy-DVBE/Medium
- Department of Social Services-DVBE/Large
- Military Department-Gold
- California State Parks-Silver
- California Arts Council-Bronze
- Department of Industrial Relations-Honorable Mention
Advocate of the Year
- Maureen Moss-Department Consumer Affairs- Gold
- Steve Ebo-Department of Veterans Affairs- Silver
- Robin McCune-Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation-Mule Creek- Bronze
- Ronald O'Brian- Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation- El Paso de Robles- Bronze
- Department of Corrections-Preston Youth Correctional Facility
Agency Secretary Special Achievement Award
- Department of Housing and Community Development
Small Business and DVBE Leadership Award-Presented by the California Small Business Association and the California Disabled Veteran Business Alliance
- Liz Santucci-Department of Transportation-District 9