CalPERS Board of Administration candidates Cathy Hackett and J.J. Jelincic recently visited The Bee's Capitol Bureau to chat with The State Worker. We videotaped the conversations, which included:
- The role of placement agents and their influence with the board.
- Nepotism at CalPERS.
- Changes and challenges facing the fund.
- The 3 percent at 50 retirement formula for law enforcement officers, specifically CHP.
- Ken Hamidi.
- Pension spiking.
- Corporate governance.
- The long-term viability of CalPERS.
- Political moves afoot to cut pension benefits for new hires.
- The stalled SEIU labor contract.
And the candidates talk about their qualifications for the board -- and talk briefly about their opponent.
The deadline for CalPERS members to return ballots for the election is Dec. 4. Click here for details.
Click the following link for video links to interviews with the candidates.