The Department of Personnel Administration has provided The State Worker with the following outline of provisions in the tentative agreement with SEIU Local 1000:
• Reduced pension formulas for new employees:
Misc.: 2% at age 60 for (from current 2% at age 55)
Safety: 2% at age 55 (from current 2.5% at age 55)
• Increased pension contribution for current employees:
Misc.: 8% of salary over $513/mo. (from current 5% over $513/mo.)
Safety: 9% of salary over $317/mo. (from current 6% over $317/mo.)
• Personal Leave Program: One unpaid leave day per month for 12 months, which reduces pay by roughly 5 percent. This leave cannot be cashed out.
• Furloughs: Nine furlough days (covering Aug. through Oct. 2010 -- do not count toward PLP days)
• Health premiums: State increases its share of health premiums to 2010 rates for bargaining unit 3 only (from 2008 rates); this share will be adjusted each January during the contract period to reflect annual changes in health premiums.
• Pay scales: Effective July 1, 2013, increases top step by 3%; only affects employees who reach top step.
• Holidays: Columbus Day and Lincoln's Birthday eliminated as paid holidays; employees will receive premium pay if required to work any of six major holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
• Employees entitled to two professional development days per year.
• Continuously appropriates payroll during term of this contract, which protects employees from minimum wage payments in the event of budget delays.
• Employees will not be furloughed during 12 months that Personal Leave Program is in effect. No furlough protections thereafter.